Our Story is a place for every Storyteller to feel safe and empowered in sharing stories of their real-life experiences. In order to protect this goal, it’s important for storytellers to feel like they are in a safe place where they can share without judgement, ridicule, or advice. This requires teamwork from all of us. We request that you read and adhere to the guidelines that follow.
At Our Story, we want you to feel safe and encouraged to share the unedited, unfiltered stories of your life. That being said, we do have a few rules for posting:
– No stories that harm the Community. We understand that many shared stories will include details of hardships and unfortunate and horrible events. We don’t want to limit the content or the sharing of these stories – we are here to host these stories as long as they are real accounts of personal experiences.
– Do not make up stories; Post authentic content of/based on personal experiences. As much as we appreciate and value fictional writing and storytelling, Our Story is a place to share and process our real life experiences, not a site to host fictional content.
– Please use only first names, or change names of people in your stories. Storytellers will sign each submission with either their first name or as anonymous/ their chosen screen name/ alias.
You don’t have to use your real name to use Our Story but don’t impersonate an individual or an entity in a misleading or deceptive manner.
– No use of defamatory remarks or false statements about others.
– No advertising within story posts. All forms of advertising and self-promotion are not allowed. This includes posts promoting specific products or name brands, promoting any form of Social Media, or linking to online stores or other places designed to make money.
If you choose to post a comment on a story, please:
– Communicate with courtesy and respect. No personal attacks on other Storytellers. Name calling, rude comments, the use of slurs, profanities, and vulgarities towards others and trolling are not welcome here. We have a zero tolerance policy towards bullying and any storyteller who uses bullying on the Our Story site will be blocked from commenting or contributing stories.
– Be tolerant towards others’ viewpoints and experiences.
– Respect the privacy and personal information of other Storytellers and the people within the stories.
Language about Sexual Content
We want this to be a safe space for storytellers to share stories of all real life situations without judgment. We don’t want to limit Storytellers’ personal reflections or sharing of personal experiences. If you’re looking for a place to share your fictional sexual stories, this is not it.
This site is not a host fictional pornographic stories or images. This is a place for non-fictional stories. We are here to host and share Storytellers real life stories – The amazing, happy, horrific, sad and most importantly, real.
While Our Story is not a mandated reporter, we do report threats of harm against self or others.
Take Down Procedures and Enforcement
We will take action when we see someone violating the Our Story guidelines. Sometimes that just means giving someone a warning; other times it means revoking certain privileges or accounts entirely. We rely heavily on our community to help us moderate the site. If you see something that makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe please draw our attention to the content. We request that all storytellers report behavior that violates our guidelines to email@example.com.
By logging onto Our Story and activating your profile, you are considered to be in agreement with the terms and conditions listed above.